SACRED VALLEY TOUR
Our tour of the sacred valley of the Incas will take you over the most beautiful places in the department of Cusco, starting with the archaeological center of Pisac, then you will enjoy the delicious Peruvian cuisine at a buffet lunch in Urubamba, after this a tour of the imposing Ollantaytambo and on the way back to Cusco, we will visit Chinchero.
The Sacred Valley of the Incas is located between Písac and Ollantaytambo, next to the Vilcanota River.
During this tour we will be able to appreciate many archaeological monuments from the Inca period, important rivers of Cusco and Andean towns. The valley has been appreciated since ancient times by the Incas thanks to the geography and climate of the area. It was considered one of the main places of production for its fertile lands where the best corn is produced in Peru.
DAY 1 CUSCO – PISAQ – OLLANTAYTAMBO – CHINCHERO – CUSCO
- Pisaq: (in Quechua P’isaq) is located 30 kilometers (18 mi) from the city of Cuzco, in Peru. Its archaeological site is one of the most important and visited in the Sacred Valley of the Incas. It is located east of the Vilcabamba mountain range.
- Ollantaytambo: Ollantaytambo (Quechua: Ullantay Tampu) is an Inca archaeological site and town, capital of the Ollantaytambo District (Urubamba Province), located in southern Peru, about 90 km (56 mi) northwest of the city of Cuzco.
During the incan period, Pachacútec conquered the region and built the town and a ceremonial center. At the time of the conquest it served as the fort of Manco Inca Yupanqui, leader of the Inca resistance. It is the only Inca city in Peru that is still inhabited.
3. Chinchero: The capital is the town of Chinchero, located at 3 754 masl (12 300 ft), 28 kilometers (17 mi) from Cuzco, in the province of Urubamba, Department of Cuzco. The Sundays are pretty interesting due to the market, which was originally dominated by the barter of products among the inhabitants of the area, now is a tourist attraction for the offer of its Inca crafts and textiles made in the pre-Columbian style.
SCHUDELE OF THE TOUR
- 8:00 am start of the tour
- 9:00 am visit to the archaeological center of Pisaq
- 10:30 a.m. visit to the artisan market of pisaq
- 11:30 a.m. Trip to Urubamba
- 12:30 p.m. Lunch in Urubamba
- 1:30 p.m. Trip to Ollantaytambo
- 2:00 p.m. Guided tour in Ollantaytambo 30 min approx
- 3:00 p.m. Trip to Chincheros
- 4:30 p.m Return to the city of Cusco
Included / Not Included
- Professional bilingual tour guide
- Buffet lunch
- Ticket entrances (BTP Partial touristic ticket)
- Tips (optional)
DETAILS OF THE TOUR
- DAYS: 1D
- PLACES: Cusco – Sacred Valley
Detalles del Tour
- Dias: Full Day
- Lugares: Cusco - Pisac