SOUTH VALLEY CUSCO
The circuit through the South Valley of Cusco, will allow you to enjoy beautiful landscapes of the Andean highlands; You will be able to see the magnificent hydraulic architecture of Tipón, pre-Inca constructions in Pikillaqta and beautiful works of art from the ¨Escuela cusqueña¨ in the Andahuaylillas church.
DAY 1 CUSCO – TIPON – PIKILLACTA – ANDAHUAYLILLAS – CUSCO
- Tipón: Tipón is said to have been a royal garden did it by Wiracocha; It is one of the best examples of agricultural terraces created by the Incas; These terraces extend through the narrow valley and are fed by springs from the Apu (mountain) Pachatusan. You will also be able to see temples, irrigation canals and aqueducts. This archaeological complex is located 24 km (15 mi) southeast of Cusco.
- Pikillaqta: Is the only pre-Inca site near Cusco. This complex made of adobe was built by the Wari culture between 700 and 900 A.C A few meters from the area, you will see a small Inca site known as Rumicolca, which was used as a kind of resting place for the travelers that go through the place.
- Andahuaylillas: it is one of the colonial towns of the territory, in this town you will find an old church known as “The Sistine Chapel of Peru”; It is the home of golden altars, paintings from the “Escuela Cusqueña” and many-colored ceilings. The chapel is quite simple and modest on the outside; but once inside, you can see the wonderful interior decorated by awesome paintings.
On the way back you will pass through the town of Saylla, here you can enjoy typical Cusco food; delicious roast pork, lechon, and a soup consumed since Inca times, known as Chairo.
Included / Not Included
- Transportation Cusco – South valley – Cusco
- Professional bilingual tour guide
- Ticket entrances (BTP Partial touristic ticket)
- Ticket entrance to Andahuaylillas church.
- Tips (optional)
DETAILS OF THE TOUR
- DAYS: 1D
- PLACES: Cusco – South valley
Detalles del Tour
- Dias: Full Day
- Lugares: Valle Sur Cusco